The Writing’s on the WallOctober 17, 2014
Do You Struggle Over the Christmas Holidays?November 20, 2014
We live in an interesting time. The world goes by so fast—so much to do. Sometimes the things that feed our souls are “fit in” to life when time permits or if time permits.
The good news is that it doesn’t have to be a big time commitment. You can find a multitude of ways to regenerate your spirit. Feeding the soul doesn’t have to be difficult and labour intensive.
Soul medicine can be as simple as this:
- Creativity – There is nothing like the creative spark to inspire the soul. And there are so many ways to be creative! You can write, draw, paint, sing, cook, decorate, take a different route home… Be creative!
- Kindness – There is a warmth that we feel when we know we have helped someone or in some way brightened their day. We feel more of service, more connected. It takes us out of our busy-ness, and helps fosters compassion. It’s great fun when it’s a random act! And don’t forget to be kind to yourself.
- Love – Spend some time doing what you love! Have quality time with people you love, your pets, yourself.
- Beauty – Find beauty around you or make some! Spend time in nature. De-clutter. Decorate in a way that is appealing to you. Create sacred space. Feel good in the clothes you wear.
- Be open & receptive – Life can offer you little miracles all over the place! When one happens, acknowledge it. Be grateful. True gratitude is expansive and magnetic.
I think you will find that if you incorporate an activity or two that feeds you, everything else will be more manageable. You will find more joy, more balance and purpose… and who knows where that will lead…