Have you ever experienced healing or clearing side effects after a healing session? They can be indicators of having had a powerful healing session! Tangible evidence of a real shift!
I always aim for gentle, effective healing at the highest level possible in the moment. And I am always directed when to stop, but I still have clients that have a reaction now and again.
Sometimes it is because they need proof that energy work is real. Sometimes it is because it’s a BIG issue we’re working on and there’s been lots of deep transformation happening. Sometimes there is a level of resistance on a conscious or unconscious level. Sometimes the unconscious simply brings more up to be cleared.
Most frequently, reactions show up as tiredness or fatigue but on occasion you might experience a physical response such as a runny nose, cold or flu-like symptoms or even diarrhea. For some, the reaction can be more emotional, with old emotions, memories or patterns surfacing to be expressed and healed.
Either way, it’s usually short lived while your unconscious and your energy system integrates the shifts you have made. Energy work can be a bit like being rewired, and sometimes that is foreign territory for the unconscious! It needs time to process!
There are some things you can do to ease any discomfort. I suggest:
- Be kind and compassionate with yourself.
- Take things easy whenever you feel tired.
- Allow yourself to go at a pace that you can handle and don’t over commit.
- Allow yourself some alone time or downtime every day.
- Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Have salt baths to help clear your energy system. Epsom or sea salt work fine.
- Take deep diaphragm breaths to bring in more oxygen.
- Spend some leisure time outdoors in nature to recharge your battery. Green space has a positive effect on your energy system.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy, supportive, nutritious foods, particularly lots of fruits and vegetables. Avoid processed or hard to digest foods.
- Dialogue with your unconscious. Suggestions include: thanking it for processing your shifts, asking it to make transformation easy, asking it if there is anything it needs, or promising to be compassionate with yourself.
If your symptoms last more than 3 days, consider another healing session to balance your energy and help you process the shifts in a gentler way. We are in a powerful time of transformation and many things are shifting. Don’t overload your system by booking numerous healing sessions or numerous modalities in a short time period.
It’s important that you have good rapport and trust your healer. If you have a reaction, let them know! Clearing or healing reactions are not every day occurrences so please don’t expect them. If you do, you might benefit from some belief shift work!
Remember, change can be gentle and easy!